Infection Control – Your Safety is Our Concern!
As you are probably aware, there is widespread news coverage involving the investigation of an Oklahoma oral surgeon for allegedly poor infection control practices.
I want you to assure you that in my periodontal and dental implant practice, we have in place significant infection control procedures.
– All staff are trained beyond state regulations, and undergo continuous infection control education and certification. We utilize hand washing, single use gloves, masks, eye ware, and gowns as necessary.
– We try to utilize disposable items, and after being used, they are placed in special containers for monitored disposal.
– Surgical instruments are cleaned and sterilized with a steam autoclave under heat and pressure. All items are bagged with chemical indicators and the autoclave is regularly spore tested to verify it is working correctly.
– We use sterile water and water that is distilled and treated on site. We also utilize water testing to check the water lines in the dental units.
– Before you enter the room and sit in the dental chair, all surfaces (dental chair, tray, dental light, handles, countertops care cleaned, disinfected, and plastic covers are placed as appropriate.
– Your well-being is the priority of my staff and me.
If you have any questions please call me at your earliest convenience so I can get you an answer.
I. Stephen Brown, DDS, FACD, FICD