Watch Dr. Brown discuss LANAP on ABC TV Today!
The PerioLase® uses a fiber optic tip to remove diseased tissue and kill bacteria in the periodontal pockets while leaving healthy tissue relatively untouched. Ultrasonic scalers and/or hand instruments are employed to remove calculus deposits that were loosened by the laser’s first pass. A second pass is made with the laser using a different setting to kill bacteria in the bottom of the pockets and on the bone. Formation of a sticky fibrin clot is also stimulated by the second pass of the PerioLase®. This clot seals off the pockets, allowing bone and other soft tissue and ideal environment for regeneration.
Trust Your Oral Health to Top Periodontist,
Dr. Stephen Brown.
Among the first to offer laser gum disease treatments.
Request An Appointment
The LANAP Process can be broken down into seven simple steps:
- A perio probe identifies excessive pocket depths.
- The initial pass with the laser removes bacteria and diseased tissue.
- An ultrasonic scaler and/or special hand instruments remove root surface tartar that was loosened by the initial laser pass.
- With a second pass of the laser, blood clot stimulation occurs in the pocket to keep the epithelium from growing back into those areas.
- Reattachment of soft tissue and bone to the clean root surfaces is initiated.
- The patient’s bite is adjusted to eliminate bite trauma.
- New connective tissue attachment and bone growth occur.
LASER PERIODONTAL THERAPY™: A Life Changing Treatment
For patients who are concerned about traditional cut and suture surgery to treat periodontal disease, the new laser treatment can be a life-changing event! Teeth can be saved, natural smiles can be preserved and some potentially life-threatening systemic effects of bacteria from gum disease left untreated can be avoided. Laser treatment gives patients a new option.
If you would like to find out more about using LANAP to treat periodontal disease and to save your teeth and smile, please call Dr. I. Stephen Brown of The Perio Group or submit your questions online, utilizing one of the contact forms distributed throughout our website.
VIEW OUR VIDEOS ABOUT PERIODONTAL CARE